What's Wrong With This Sanitize Message Php Code?

wadboram

I have added the below code to my the top of my sendmessage.php file to prevent users in my site to share emails and URLs but this doesn;t work.What could be wrong with the code? Should I call the functions anywhere ?

function sanitize_message( $message , $email = true, $numbers = true, $url = true ){$message = strip_tags( $message );if($email){//strip email address$email_regexp = "[_A-Za-z0-9-]+(\.[_A-Za-z0-9-]+)*@[A-Za-z0-9-]+(\.[A-Za-z0-9-]+)*(\.[A-Za-z]{2,3})";$message = ereg_replace($email_regexp, '', $message);}//eliminate url from messageif($url){$url_regexp = "(https?://)?(www\.)?([a-zA-z0-9\.])*[a-zA-Z0-9]*\.[a-z]{2,3}";$message = ereg_replace($url_regexp, '', $message);}//eliminate all the bad words$bad_words = array("skype", ".net", ".com", "org", "biz", "@", "yahoo.com", "gmail", "hotmail", "mail", "e-mail", "msn", "dot",);$message = str_ireplace($bad_words, '', $message);return $message; }

Instead of ereg_replace() you should use preg_replace(). Besides that, I don't see anything obviously wrong with your code. Have you tested the function yourself with example strings to see what comes out?

I will try your recommendations.Yes I tried to send messages having Urls and emails like myemail@yahoo.com and it was sent with no problem to the other user. I think it's not functional. Maybe the placement of the code in the sendmessage.php file? or calling the function is missing something?

Edited by wadboram