Can I Do This Without Java Script?

apoptanich

I am trying to write a program to collect information on a form for work. Much of the area does not have internet access. I've been writing a form to save on a laptop's HD and run from there. Can I have required fields and save completed form data to be sent or printed later without using java script or sending information to an external server? In other words can I do this with just HTML keeping all work on a crew's laptop?

• Like 1

HTML can't really do anything... it is only a structure language.To get something done you need a sever-side language like eTianbun said.So you will need php.If you have the php knowledge you could set it up so it e-mails you their info, however, that requires internet.

Edited by Krewe
  • Like 1

HTML can't really do anything... it is only a structure language.To get something done you need a sever-side language like eTianbun.So you will need php.If you have the php knowledge you could set it up so it e-mails you their info, however, that requires internet.
Server-side language like me? Lol...just kiding!

There is no way you can save arbitrary information directly to a client's hard drive, even with Javascript (or with whatever technology or technique you can think of, besides hacking [in the bad sense]). You can use Javascript's new localStorage API to store simple key-value data locally, or use a server-side language to generate a downloadable file that the client can then download. As mentioned, HTML by itself can't do anything at all.