Php & Mysql Cms

divinedesigns1

hello people, how ya doing :) Im stuck at a certain part of this cms, which is, how do i allow the client to place a side column menu for each page 0.o, so far i believe i have to create a row in mysql call columnlink or leftlink or sublink, and i was thinking about using this code to do that $sqlCommand = "SELECT id, linklabel FROM pages WHERE showing='1' ORDER BY id ASC";$query = mysqli_query($myConnection, $sqlCommand) or die (mysqli_error());$menuDisplay = '';while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($query)) { $pid = $row["id"]; $linklabel = $row["linklabel"]; $menuDisplay .= '<style type="text/css"><!--a { padding:10px; line-height:25px;}a:link { color: #FFF; text-decoration: none; display:inline;}a:visited { text-decoration: none; color: #900;}a:hover { text-decoration: none; color: #ccc; text-transform: lowercase;}a:active { text-decoration: none; color: #fff;}--></style><a href="index.php?pid=' . $pid . '" style="border:none;">' . $linklabel . '</a>'; }mysqli_free_result($query); but how do i command it to place the side nagivation bar the page it suppose to be on?

You need another MySQL table that associates columns with page names.
so i do that then change the $linklabel to linkcol or w.e the new row name on the table correct?

id int11 auto increment primarypagetitle varchar255 linklable varchar255sublable varchar255pagebody longtextpageorder int11showing enum('0','1')keywords varchar255description varchar255createdate dateextra varchar255 this is wat it looks like for the mysql structure "minus the sublabel" which i added in

You probably need a new table of columns, something like this:Table columns:

• id
  • [column data fields]
  • FOREIGN KEY page_id (The id of the page that the column belongs to)

alrite ill try that, one more question then that should be it,how can i make the index page different from the other page so that the index page doesnt have the left column like its shown here www.divinedesigns1.us "its a demo site for testing" and um sigh ill ask the other question when i remember

If you have anything that PHP can use to indicate that you're on the index page, then you can just test for that and not print the HTML for the column on the index. How do you know what page you're on?

i know its on the index page cause thats the only page the whole site runs on, and can you check this out www.divinedesigns1.us the stupid <p></p> tab keep showing and im not too sure how to remove it blaaaah

and i know which page im on according to the pageid number, like on the product page it would say pid=1, etc

Just use an if statement to only print something if you're not on the index page. Like this:
if($page != 'index') {echo "Column data";}

sorry about the long waiting, was sleeping, and ill try that but do you know how to get rid of the <p></p> tabs so it wouldnt show?

You'll have to put that code that generates those <p> tabs inside the if() block. By the way, the condition I presented earlier shouldn't be used literally. The $page variable should be an indicator of the page that the user is currently on, and the literal string 'index' should be substituted by a value that indicates that the current page is the index.

how do i go about doing that, to make the $page variable know that the user is on the index page? and where do you live?

Question, cant i just make the cms to just edit the words, like i create the site and place the <?php echo $pagebody ?> where the content goes and have the edited page just edit that area without just having one page only? :sorry: if that makes any sense

I just asked you earlier.

If you have anything that PHP can use to indicate that you're on the index page, then you can just test for that and not print the HTML for the column on the index. How do you know what page you're on?
I don't know how to find out what page you're on, you're the one that designed the system. I don't know how your whole system works. Inside the template file you just need to put the <p> tags inside the if() statement:
<?php if($page != 'index') { ?><p>Some content</p><?php } ?>

I just asked you earlier. I don't know how to find out what page you're on, you're the one that designed the system. I don't know how your whole system works. Inside the template file you just need to put the <p> tags inside the if() statement:
<?php if($page != 'index') { ?><p>Some content</p><?php } ?>

alrite, thanks sorry about asking the same Question, just confused on this part blaaah thanks tho imma go write it and c if it works

Archived