Dreamweaver-Sql Server Connection

garevn

I have managed to create a succesful connection and when i run a query into recordset area runs without problem.When i am trying to display data on internet explorer i get"The website cannot display the page HTTP 500"Probably something i am doing wrong with connectivity since i am not experienced.The dreamweaver connecion is this:

<%' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"' Type="ADO"' DesigntimeType="ADO"' HTTP="false"' Catalog=""' Schema=""Dim MM_conntest_STRINGMM_conntest_STRING = "dsn=test ;uid=username;pwd=12345;"%>

When i log into management studio i use those info:

server type:database engineserver name: username-PC\SQLEXPRESSauthentication: windows authentication

Any idea about what i am doing wrong?

Disable the "friendly" error messages in IE if you're using it, and also on the server. You need the actual error message if you want to solve this. It might also be writing errors to a log somewhere. If you can't find the actual error then you need to add lines one by one in your code and figure out which line causes it to fail. You still won't know why without the error message, but at least you'll know which line is the problem.

Ok i am doneeeeeeeeeee after hours.i had 2 problems.since i use 64bit os i had to change an option into iis so it would anable soume 32bit made featuers work properly.Also i had to create a new acc in sql server with the proper rights and arange its info with the dns one. Anyway thanks a lot i will start doing my projext now i see u soon since i am not experianced!!

Archived