Cascading HTML

tarienn

hey, i have tons of views on my website, and I make changes to the nav bar all the time, and when i do i have to go through each page and do it, is there a way i can edit just one html and use CSS and div tags to make it so i only need to change one file?

You can't use CSS, but you can look up SSI - Serverside Include, which can be done in all of the biggest serverside languages (asp.net, asp, php, coldfusion, jsp...)

SSI (Server Side Include), Framesets... the ways are almost countless, though theese are the most basic ones.SSIs would mean if your host supports PHP, ASP(.NET), Cold Fusion or other server side scripting language, to use that language to include (X)HTML file into another (X)HTML file.Framesets would requre a single file to load that would display one of the files in one frame (let's say the nav bar) and the other (content) in another. But this gives many drawbacks for which most people avoid using frames. For example, the user can't bookmark a specific page on the site by copying the URL in the adress bar. The reason for that is that it's the frameset file which holds the things together, not the page itself.Technically speaking, there's no way of doing multiple XHTML editing in strict mode with or without CSS. There's a need for more.[edit] Huh. Jonas beated me up on this one :) [/edit]

Edited by boen_robot