Need Help With Browser Compatibility On My First Site

kelleynor

Hello,A friend and I are starting a new business and I am creating the website.I use a Macbook and Dreamweaver.We're going to a show to sell for the first time at the beginning of December and I need the site to be ready by then, but I still can't get it to work in IE or Firefox.I've run it through the Dreamweaver and W3 validating software already. The CSS doesn't have any errors and I've fixed all the ones I can with the xhtml - but still no change. All the elements are there, but no formatting or backgrounds.The site still needs a lot of work, but I don't want to move on until the browser problem is figured out.I couldn't figure out which form to post in. I'm sure my coding is odd & inefficient.....This is my first time coding and I just did what I had to do to make the site look like I wanted it to as quickly as I could. Some of it I understand, some I don't. Any help or critique is welcomed.........Thanks, Kelley The website is already online so you can get the html there - www.thelibertybrand.com Here is my .css @charset "UTF-8";/* CSS Document */ a:link {color:#FFFFFF;text-decoration:none;}a:visited {color:#FFFFFF;text-decoration:none;}a:hover {color:rgb(253,244,125);}a:active {color:#FFFFFF;} body,img,div{margin:0;padding:0;border:0;}h1,h2,h3{color:rgb(58,68,171);}body{background:url(../bluebackground2.png) center top repeat;padding:0;border:0;font-family:"Verdana", Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:.75em;line-height:.7em;}#maincontainer{width:1000px;height:1500px;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;}#header{background:url(../header2.png) center bottom no-repeat;padding:0;border:0;width:1000px;height:250px;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;}#nav{width:980px;float:left;padding:0;margin-top:178px;list-style:none;overflow:hidden;}#nav li{float:left;}#content{background:url(../contentbackground4.png) center top repeat;}.rightcolumn{ float:right;width:220px;height:600px;padding-right:5px;}.leftcolumn{ float:left;width:220px;height:600px;padding-top:0px;padding-left:0px;overflow:hidden;}.centercolumn{ margin:0 220px 0 220px;width:560px;height:550px;padding-left:10px;padding-top:20px;}#bottomrow{width:800px;height:150px;float:left;padding-left:110px;padding-bottom:20px;overflow:hidden;}#footer{ background:url(../footer1.png) center top no-repeat;font-size:1.3em;line-height:25px;text-align:right;padding-right:20px;}#recy{ float:left;padding-left:30px;padding-top:75px;}.centercolumndummy{margin:0 220px 0 220px;width:560px;height:500px;}#contentourhist{ width:1000px;height:709px;margin:0 auto;overflow:hidden;}#contentvideo{float:left;width:500px;height:600px;padding-left:20px;padding-top:20px;}#contentvideotext{float:left;width:400px;height:600px;padding-top:5px;padding-right:20px;padding-left:50px;font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.1em;}#centercolumngoods{margin:0 250px 0 250px;width:500px;height:750px;padding-left:30px;padding-top:0px;}#rightcolumngoods{float:right;width:250px;height:750px;padding-right:10px;}#leftcolumngoods{float:left;width:250px;height:750px;padding-left:15px;}#contenttees{background:url(../contentbackground4.png) center top repeat;padding-left:20px;}#contentpart{background:url(../contentbackground4.png) center top repeat;padding-left:70px;padding-right:70px;font-size:1.2em;line-height:1.2em;}#contentnote{font-size:1.2em;line-height:1.2em;color:rgb(0,0,0);}#contentprod{background:url(../contentbackground4.png) center top repeat;padding-left:110px;padding-right:5px;overflow:hidden;}#productdetail{float:left;width:470px;height:875px;padding-top:5px;padding-right:10px;padding-left:0px;font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.2em;overflow:hidden;}.photos{float:left;overflow:hidden;width:350px;height:800px;padding-left:10px;}.photos div img{padding:10px 0px;}.photos ul.thumbs{margin:0;padding:0 0 0 0px;list-style:none;width:300px;float:left;}.photos ul.thumbs li{width:110px;height:100px;margin:0 40px 10px 0;padding:0px;float:left;overflow:hidden;position:relative;text-align:center;}.photos ul.thumbs li img{position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;width:100%;}.photos ul.thumbs li:hover{opacity:0.7; filter:alpha(opacity=70);}.proddescone{font-style:italic;

The trouble is it does not know a type of "thelibertybrand/css" is for a stylesheet link.

<link media="screen" type="thelibertybrand/css" rel="stylesheet" href="styles/thelibertybrand.css">

should be

<link media="screen" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="styles/thelibertybrand.css">

Archived