A Question On Iframes

billydocks

Hi all. Back with another problem. I'm not entirely sure if an iframe is really what i need, but I suspect it is one possible solution. I have created a website here: greatearthquake.com.au - and now I'd like for the HTML links to cause a little box (frame/iframe, I'm not sure of the correct terminology sorry) to appear where I can insert more content. At the moment, the only link that works is the "P" to the photos, but that loads a demo album I put together quickly in Bridge in a new page. I ideally want this content to appear on top of the home page image. I hope that makes sense. I have an unordered list and one line of text in the <body>, the rest so far is CSS. When I go to insert an <iframe> tag, it appears only above/below the current background (which is only a background for the #navlist, there is no background for the whole page). If I stick the <iframe> in between the <ul> and between the <li id> somewhere, it is not visible at all. Am I completely misunderstand how iframes are supposed to work? Obviously there is a mistake (or many) that I'm making. Is there a better way to accomplish this appearing box/frame idea, assuming it is possible at all? Thanks in advance!

I am not sure if i didn't understand what you want, or you defined your problem wrong. From your words i understood that you want to achieve something like this where a new window pops up in front of the other window. plesk-screenshot-sb-02.jpg I never used iframe but i think it is only used to contain websites/files within a webpage, like in w3schools.com example http://www.w3schools...=tryhtml_iframe . Which of those do you need?

Archived