Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Proper Use Of Id And Class

OK, so a question mainly about the use of the id class and if something would be proper use or a bad practice as far as coding goes. In an attempt to streamline stuff even further I have been recoding my site and I have been thinking about adding an id tag to the body of some pages. This would of course allow me to set custom css for those specific pages.Examples:<body id="creatures"><body id="core-classes">etc, etc.. Or would it be more proper to just create an extra <div> with the id tags--or a class tag-- inside of the main content div for that section and go that way.Examples: (article being the primary container for that section with all the positioning/etc data for the container)<div id="articles"> <div id="creatures"> --insert content entry here-- </div></div> OR <div id="articles"> <div class="creatures"> --insert content entry here-- </div></div> I've read a few things on it and some seem to be for it and some against it but the articles I've found are fairly old so need some fresh thoughts on it.

I wouldn't add an extra <div> if I wanted to target one specific page. Giving the ID to the body is better.