Javascript (Create A Score Quiz)

morgane

Good afternoon, I am currently writing codes to create a quiz implemented in (raw) Javascript for a university asignement. I already went on forums and found some codes. Now my quiz is working. However, I must also use JavaScript code that I wrote and I can't use any web authorong tool generated JavaScript .How can I now the codes I have used have not been generated by Dreamweaver or a software? Thank you in advance.Kinds, I used the following codes: <HEAD><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">var ans = new Array;var done = new Array;var yourAns = new Array;var explainAnswer = new Array;var score = 0;ans[1] = "b";ans[2] = "b";ans[3] = "a";ans[4] = "c";ans[5] = "b";explainAnswer[1]="The reason why Answer 1 is Blah Blah Blah";explainAnswer[2]="The reason why Answer 2 is Blah Blah Blah";explainAnswer[3]="The reason why Answer 3 is Blah Blah Blah";explainAnswer[4]="The reason why Answer 4 is Blah Blah Blah";explainAnswer[5]="The reason why Answer 5 is Blah Blah Blah";function Engine(question, answer) {yourAns[question]=answer;}function Score(){var answerText = "How did you do?\n------------------------------------\n";for(i=1;i<=5;i++){ answerText=answerText+"\nQuestion :"+i+"\n"; if(ans!=yourAns){ answerText=answerText+"\nThe correct answer was "+ans+"\n"+explainAnswer+"\n"; } else{ answerText=answerText+" \nCorrect! \n"; score++; }}answerText=answerText+"\n\nYour total score is : "+score+"\n";//now score the useranswerText=answerText+"\nComment : ";if(score<=0){answerText=answerText+"You need to learn some more";}if(score>=1 && score <=2){answerText=answerText+"bit more practice";}if(score>=3 && score <=3){answerText=answerText+"doing ok";}if(score>4){answerText=answerText+"You are one hot java babe!";}alert(answerText);}// End --></script></HEAD><!-- STEP TWO: Copy this code into the BODY of your HTML document --><BODY><DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><h1>Java Quiz</h1><b>Test your knowledge of Java!</b><hr><FORM><b>1. What is the name of the Java mascot?</b><br><input type=radio name="q1" value="a" onClick="Engine(1, this.value)">a) Luke<br><input type=radio name="q1" value="b" onClick="Engine(1, this.value)">B) Duke<br><input type=radio name="q1" value="c" onClick="Engine(1, this.value)">c) Nuke<br><input type=radio name="q1" value="d" onClick="Engine(1, this.value)">d) Sunny<p><b>2. Where is the best place to get Java software?</b><br><input type=radio name="q2" value="a" onClick="Engine(2, this.value)">a) From a can<br><input type=radio name="q2" value="b" onClick="Engine(2, this.value)">B) From java.sun.com<br><input type=radio name="q2" value="c" onClick="Engine(2, this.value)">c) You have to buy it from Microsoft<br><input type=radio name="q2" value="d" onClick="Engine(2, this.value)">d) From your local Star Bucks<p><b>3. A 'for' loop in Java looks like this....</b><br><input type=radio name="q3" value="a" onClick="Engine(3, this.value)">a) for(int i=0;i<5;i++){}<br><input type=radio name="q3" value="b" onClick="Engine(3, this.value)">B) for i=1 to 5 do<br><input type=radio name="q3" value="c" onClick="Engine(3, this.value)">c) repeat...until(i=5)<br><input type=radio name="q3" value="d" onClick="Engine(3, this.value)">d) FOR I:=5 DOWNTO 1 DO <p><b>4. Which platform can not run Java.</b><br><input type=radio name="q4" value="a" onClick="Engine(4, this.value)">Linux<br><input type=radio name="q4" value="b" onClick="Engine(4, this.value)">Windows NT<br><input type=radio name="q4" value="c" onClick="Engine(4, this.value)">Commodore 64<br><input type=radio name="q4" value="d" onClick="Engine(4, this.value)">Apple Mac<p><b>5. 'JMF' stands for: </b><br><input type=radio name="q5" value="a" onClick="Engine(5, this.value)">A pop group of the 90's who had the hit "Unbelievable"<br><input type=radio name="q5" value="b" onClick="Engine(5, this.value)">Java Media Framework<br><input type=radio name="q5" value="c" onClick="Engine(5, this.value)">Java Messaging Framework<br><input type=radio name="q5" value="d" onClick="Engine(5, this.value)">Java Meditation Forum<p><CENTER><input type=button onClick="Score()" value="Well... How did I do?"></CENTER></FORM></DIV>

If you used Dreamweaver, well, then you would know you've used Dreamweaver, mm? If the Javascript component of your assignment is being assessed, and you copied code from other sources, then that's already plagiarism, regardless of whether it was programmatically generated or not.

Not sure if you are asking for help or just a way to prove to someone you wrote the code yourself, but being able to explain the code on a line by line basis would be one way. Also not actually using some sort of code authoring system would be another one. Most skilled programmers (and presumably teachers/professors) can usually tell the difference between amateur code, WYSIWYG code, and (good) original code that demonstrates competency and a fundamental understanding of the basics and some advanced topics..

Archived