So, here's my question. I can make columns, I can edit the size, I can do all that stuff, but I can't get it to go actively down the page or get it to go into the background, if you need my source or anything please just ask. Also; although I doubt you'll be able to help me on this; is there any way to edit an actual in use source? Or even get a fresh one? I'm doing it for a school project and the one who's supposed to be getting the site is incredibly slow, and I don't have money to buy my own, nor would I spend that money to buy my own. I shall attach a copy of my source, incase you need to see it for whatever reason.

Oh god...htm

Edited by Bunnycorn

There's no specific definition for "column" in HTML, so I don't know exactly what you're talking about.You don't need to buy anything to make a website, tools like notepad, or Notepad++ for code and GIMP for graphics are completely free. Microsoft Word is not a web authoring tool, so don't use that to make websites.

Ah, thank youl. I just realized that a few minutes ago..it was rather embarresing. But anyway, what I meant, is that. To make different hyperlinks. I have a table set in there, But the table with all the hyperlinks is at the top of the page, and try as I might, I can't get it to the center. In all, I'd like to get it to scroll with the page, but for now, just having it right in the center (Aligned to the right; but halfway down the page.)

I now have a source, but I verymuch suspect that it will only be accessable at this school. I'll attach it, and I'd hope you could tell me if you can get to it (Also if there are any outstanding errors) I'm still very new to this. (Actually, I had done it in the past. But that was..4+ years ago.)

HTML(3).htm

Hello World.htm

Edited by Bunnycorn

Horizontally centered or vertically centered? Vertically centering something is really difficult and the way your page is currently coded, I don't see how it would work because the content probably exceeds the height of the window.

I would love to have it the way it is. And if I..uh. Coded it wrong, by chance, then any tips are appreciated. Vertical centering is what I'd like. But I'd like it..well, basically, what I'm saying is that I'd like it the way they have it on most sites. Up and down, with hyperlinks and what I assume is <a href="(link)">(what link is about)<</a> But it may be way more complicated then that. I looked at W3schools source and I was just blown away by how complex it is.

You want the box to be centered vertically, which means between the top and the bottom of the page, but when the page can scroll there are two bottoms: The bottom of the window, and the bottom of the page which you have to scroll down to reach.