Thin White Line Or Border Around Web Page

alienA2

Hi I do not know if this is my table because I have added the following code to the table in the page to stop this from happening... width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" Yet there is still still a white border going around my web page? I also have added this to the body code in CSS: body{ margin-top:0px; margin-right:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px;} Any advice?

I am attaching the CSS file...let me know if you need the HTML page... ps...im taking the content out of the page for copyright reasons...) for the CSS file attached just rename to mystyle.css (it wouldnt accept the .css extention so i changed it to HTML)

Copy of mystyle.html

Home page.html

Your CSS file (I hope those <html> and <style> tags aren't in the actual CSS file) is resetting margin and padding on the <body> element, but not on the <html> element as I showed in the code I gave you earlier.

Just want to add that when using tables, you will always have a (at least) 1 pixel boarder. It is un-removeable. You can displace it with some tricky CSS but it doesn't go away. There's a lot of content that covers this situation. Keep that in mind when designing layouts. Decide between <table> and <div> tags. There are a lot of differences when it comes to displaying with CSS.Hope this was useful.-Grahamhttp://alluringmedia.net

Your CSS file (I hope those <html> and <style> tags aren't in the actual CSS file) is resetting margin and padding on the <body> element, but not on the <html> element as I showed in the code I gave you earlier.
I removed <html> <style> tags...wasnt meant to be there...lol Regarding, the white line or border, all i did was added a background color to the body in CSS: body{background-color:put_your_colour_code_or_name_here;}

Like I said earlier, you have to set the margin and padding of the <html> and <body> elements. Put this in your stylesheet, exactly as you see it. Don't make any changes.

html, body {  margin: 0;  padding: 0;}

Archived