Adding Quotes To Xml Strings?

ChopShop

Hello, I am currently needing an XSLT to take an XML file and add quote marks around each string. Does anyone know how to add quote marks around each string? I can't seem to get this to work. Below are samples of the XML that I am dealing with... Example 1: <resources><string-array name="exercise_intensities"><item>None</item><item>Low</item><item>Medium</item><item>High</item></string-array></resources> Example 2: <resources><string name="hello">Hello World!</string><string name="app_name">Test App</string><string name="range_separator">-</string><string name="comma_separator">,</string><string name="no">No</string></resources> So, in Example 1, I need to output an XML file that looks like this: <resources><string-array name="exercise_intensities"><item>"None"</item><item>"Low"</item><item>"Medium"</item><item>"High"</item></string-array></resources> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ChopShop

Hi. There are probably better ways to do it. I hope this helps. I'm assuming the XML will look something like this to allow many strings:-

<strings><string>Walking Dead</string></strings>

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'ISO-8859-1'?><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"><xsl:output method="xml"/><xsl:template match="/"><xsl:text><strings></xsl:text><xsl:apply-templates select="strings/string"/><xsl:text></strings></xsl:text></xsl:template> <xsl:template match="string"><xsl:text><string></xsl:text>"<xsl:value-of select="text()"/>"<xsl:text></string></xsl:text></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Edited by dies_felices

Hi. Alternatively,

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'ISO-8859-1'?><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"><xsl:output method="xml"/><xsl:template match="/"><strings><xsl:apply-templates select="AnswerSet/Answer"/></strings></xsl:template><xsl:template match="Answer"><string>"<xsl:value-of select="text()"/>"</string></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks for replying. I can't seem to get this to work. Below are samples of the XML that I am dealing with... Example 1: <resources><string-array name="exercise_intensities"><item>None</item><item>Low</item><item>Medium</item><item>High</item></string-array></resources> Example 2: <resources><string name="hello">Hello World!</string><string name="app_name">Test App</string><string name="range_separator">-</string><string name="comma_separator">,</string><string name="no">No</string></resources> So, in Example 1, I need to output an XML file that looks like this: <resources><string-array name="exercise_intensities"><item>"None"</item><item>"Low"</item><item>"Medium"</item><item>"High"</item></string-array></resources> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a code sample:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"><xsl:template match="@* | node()">  <xsl:copy>    <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()"/>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template><xsl:template match="*[not(*)]">  <xsl:copy>    <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>    <xsl:text>"</xsl:text>    <xsl:apply-templates/>    <xsl:text>"</xsl:text>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

It copies everything from the input to the output with the exception of elements not having any child elements, there it wraps any content in quotes.

• Like 1