Seo Forum

amitamberker

Just to illustrate the fact that SEO is a fluid area, here's a post from Google from last week describing how they changed their algorithm to look at page layout, and penalize sites that have a high number of ads on the top that require scrolling to get to the actual content. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2012/01/page-layout-algorithm-improvement.html The last paragraph describes some of what I've been saying here:

Overall, our advice for publishers continues to be to focus on delivering the best possible user experience on your websites and not to focus on specific algorithm tweaks. This change is just one of the over 500 improvements we expect to roll out to search this year.

Just to illustrate the fact that SEO is a fluid area, here's a post from Google from last week describing how they changed their algorithm to look at page layout, and penalize sites that have a high number of ads on the top that require scrolling to get to the actual content. http://googlewebmast...mprovement.html The last paragraph describes some of what I've been saying here:
Hi justsomeguy,Thanks for the info. By the way just now I tried sending you a Private Message but could send it to you. I got an Alert Message as "justsomeguy cannot accept new messages" and hence I sent the same Private Message to Ingolme.dsonesuk has blocked me from sending him Private Message. I have no idea why he has blocked me.

Off-topic:

Hi justsomeguy, Thanks for the info. By the way just now I tried sending you a Private Message but could send it to you. I got an Alert Message as "justsomeguy cannot accept new messages" and hence I sent the same Private Message to Ingolme. dsonesuk has blocked me from sending him Private Message. I have no idea why he has blocked me.
I think this explains what i said in the topic about the chat feature ( http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=41171&view=findpost&p=228501 last 2 sentences).

Off-topic:
Hi TheGallery,It's not a Off-topic. I have lost one of my good mate. I wanted to inform JustSomeGuy.

Hi TheGallery, It's not a Off-topic. I have lost one of my good mate. I wanted to inform JustSomeGuy.
No i meant the message i was going to post was off-topic. My point was that even now that we don't have a chat those guys are getting stormed with messages. Anyway this is the last reply i am giving for this issue in this topic. If you want to discuss it more reply in the "Most important suggestion" topic you made. Edit: And yes your message WAS off-topic :) Edited by TheGallery

No i meant the message i was going to post was off-topic. My point was that even now that we don't have a chat those guys are getting stormed with messages. Anyway this is the last reply i am giving for this issue in this topic. If you want to discuss it more reply in the "Most important suggestion" topic you made. Edit: And yes your message WAS off-topic :)
LOL Edited by creative1977

Warrior Forum and Google's Digital Point forums have really good SEO Discussions. You can always Google 'SEO Forums' too, you will get a lot of hits that way.
Hi jwmann2,Thanks for the info.

Hi justsomeguy and Fellow Mates,During mid of last month, I said:

Few years ago I had a Software. I am trying to remember the Name of that Software from past couple of weeks but somehow I am unable to remember it.
So, finally I got that Software and I have installed it. It works just GREAT and AWESOME! I would be very glad to demonstrate it if you are willing to catch-hold of me in a Live Mode. Perhaps either by Chat OR via Remote Access on screen sharing.Thank you.

............. so stop moaning.
Hi dsonesuk,I hope you are doing well. I was not moaning. I was just concerned and worried. I hope you understand. By the way I would like to Thank You for all your help and support. You have been a wonderful mate to me. I have no idea why you have blocked but I respect your decision. Take care.

Hello Everyone,So, anymore suggestions? Feedback? Comments? Tips?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,Myself and other members would be happy if you could share additional Tips and Essentials.

Hello Everyone,I got some additional inputs from external resources. Here I go:<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.DomainName.com/Name-of-the-Page.html" /><meta property="og:title" content="..." /><meta property="og:description" content="..." /><meta property="og:type" content="video" /><meta property="og:image" content="..." /><meta property="og:video" content="http://www.DomainName.com/Name-of-the-Page.html?version=3&autohide=1" /><meta property="og:video:type" content="application/x-shockwave-flash" /><meta property="og:video:width" content="398" /><meta property="og:video:height" content="224" /><meta property="og:site_name" content="Company" />FYI - meta tags should always be placed in between:<head>(here)<title>...</title>Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Guest So Called

This is the first time I've seen this topic and I was going to post the most important link of all, but I see that JSG has already done it:

I would stick to official Google sites for this kind of information. http://support.googl...en&answer=35291
Read the ENTIRE Google webmaster FAQ and everything they have to say about SEO, and believe it! Nothing anybody could post in this topic could possibly be worth more than one small part of you'll learn directly from Google. Next, register for Google Webmaster Tools (it's free) and you can learn something about how they view your site(s). It's worth a peek over the robot's shoulder. Finally, you can see your page rank and search terms on most of the visitors that Google sends to your site. Just look in your logs. Either use a log analysis tool or write your own. I wrote my own analysis. The important parts of the referrer string included when a visitor is directed to you site by Google are the &q= and &cd= terms: &q=blah+foo+bar means the search terms were "blah", "foo", and "bar." This term is sometimes empty. &cd=8 means that you were 8th ranked in that particular search. This term is not always present. If you get cd=8 then you know your page ranks 8th for those particular search terms. If you don't get any cd but you do get the terms you can just Google search the same terms and count down to find your rank. Google is the only one I'm getting direct page rank info from. I am getting search terms information from Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL and Yandex. Other SEs may send it but until they send me some visitors I won't know if I can decode it. BTW some of them use &p= instead of &q. (Yandex uses &text=.) I have learned a lot about increasing my page rank just by studying the search terms that sent visitors to my site. There's also a lot to be learned by comparing your content to the content of sites that rank higher than you. I have put some effort into studying my competitors and I believe my page ranks have been steadily improving. As far as showing #1 for a single word. It will never happen. Not unless it's your site name* or unless you pay Google for a featured spot. * If you call your site something very unique you can show up as #1 but it won't be likely anybody will ever search for that unique thing. Same for your URL, like example.com. Sure you'll show up #1 but nobody is going to search that because they already have to know your site.
  • Like 2

Guest So Called

Yes! Read anything and everything Google is willing to tell you! Also, as far as I'm concerned SEO means Google Optimization. I get probably more than 90% of my referrals from Google. Most of the rest comes from Yahoo, Bing and AOL, in that order. (The only reason I know about Yandex is because I searched myself just to see if I had any ranking there. I do but they never send me any visitors.) As far as I can tell anybody should just optimize for Google, and let the other search engines fall where they may. Google is not only the #1 game in town, they're almost the only game in town. I can't even figure out why Baidu is crawling my site. They crawl me more often than anybody else, yet I spent an hour one time using their search engine to see if I could come up with any search terms that listed my site. I even followed some of the searches for 20 pages! Even my URL doesn't get a hit! You know your rank sucks when your URL doesn't show up! I have half a mind to throw Baidu off my site but they're not doing any harm so WTH. :)