"blocked" 404

gongpex

Hello everyone, I remember about a website , in my country I don't know if my government block it or not I don't know, but this is the case: - first I visit the website, and it successful (I can access the site) - but the second (when I click another link on the website it suddenly "error 404") - then I close the tab and open the website again (on another tab), but the results are same still "error 404" Is this site are blocked by my government or not? there is way to open that block? (if it blocked indeed) please answer me Thanks

The site is not blocked by your government, because the server was able to send you a 404 response. If the page was blocked, there would not be any response and the browser would tell you that the server was not found

There could be a proxy at the ISP which returns 404 responses for blocked sites. I don't know how you would verify that it is being blocked though, other than a tool to look up which sites are blocked. If you want to verify that a site is online you can use internetsupervision.com to test it from around the world. If you wanted to circumvent a block then you would need to find a proxy that is not blocked. You might want to look into Tor.

Archived