shad

hello! every one!I have one assignment hoping you all will help me.question one1) write a php program to display first ten even numbers.2) write a php program to display odd numbers between "X and y"?3) write a php program to display multiplicatoin table of five ? and the output should be of the form5 * 1 = 5............5 * 10 = 504) write a php program to to convert a number into wordseg: 999 should be displayed as nine nine nine :facepalm:help plzthanks in advance

So, why aren't you able to do it? It's quite a simple task. I don't think you would learn anything if you had somebody else do it for you. Problem-solving is an essential ability in a programmer.Try to write some code, at least, and show some of your attempt to see where you went wrong.

So, why aren't you able to do it? It's quite a simple task. I don't think you would learn anything if you had somebody else do it for you. Problem-solving is an essential ability in a programmer. Try to write some code, at least, and show some of your attempt to see where you went wrong.
thanx for your comments.. I got it !even number generation<?php$i=2;$num=20;for($i=2;$i<=num;$i+=2){echo $i."<br>"}?> 0dd number;$i=1;for($i=1;$i<=20;$i+=2){echo $i."<br>"}?> Multiplication table
<?php$i=1;$res;while($i<=10){$res=5*$i;echo "5". "*". "=". "$res"."<br>"}?>

But last program can you plz help me number to name conversion

Did you check your code? Because you got some basic mistakes there. In your first 2 pieces of code you define $i 2 times (one before the loop and one in the loop). What is more you forget to put a semicolon ( ; ) in your echo statements, and last but not least in the last part, you don't change the value of $i inside the loop. You made an infinite loop there. Oh also your last echo statement is a mess, the result you would get from that would be 5*=$res . Your variables should go outside the double-quotes. The correct statement would be this

echo "5 * " . $i . " = " . $res . "<br>";

(assuming you fixed what i said about $i)

Number to name conversion. There are many ways to do it, I can tell you one way: What you need to do is cast your number to a string ( strval() works) and then turn that string into an array using str_split(). Then go through each character in the array and print the appropriate string for the number. You could use an array or a switch(){} to determine which string goes to which number. Don't forget to put spaces between the strings.

Did you check your code? Because you got some basic mistakes there. In your first 2 pieces of code you define $i 2 times (one before the loop and one in the loop). What is more you forget to put a semicolon ( ; ) in your echo statements, and last but not least in the last part, you don't change the value of $i inside the loop. You made an infinite loop there. Oh also your last echo statement is a mess, the result you would get from that would be 5*=$res . Your variables should go outside the double-quotes. The correct statement would be this
echo "5 * " . $i . " = " . $res . "<br>";

(assuming you fixed what i said about $i)

yes, I thought it that two times declaring is not needed but influenced by c language. hey for the last line echo is semicolon needed
echo "5". "*". "=". "$res"."<br>"

Is there any problem giving variables in quotes?

I corrected my code and got reply

<?php$i=1;$res;while($i<=10){$res=5*$i;echo "5". "*".$i. "=". $res."<br>";$i++;}?>

output as

5*1=55*2=105*3=155*4=205*5=255*6=305*7=355*8=405*9=455*10=50

]Is there any problem giving variables in quotes?
If you do that they will be displayed as strings, and won't display their actual value.

Archived