Save XML Data

jacasoj

I want to save data to an XML file and update an attribute. I can load it perfectly, but when it comes to save it, the following JS error appears "Parameter not correct" if I run it from the IIS, "Permission Denied" if I run it directly from the Folder. Both appear in the 'camaraXML.save("CamaraXML.xml");' line. I'm using XMLHTTP for this. Any suggestion?I have this code:-------------------------- CODE ---------------------------------function funSaveDocument(strIP,strNo) { camaraXML.onreadystatechange = function () { if (camaraXML.readyState == 4) { funAttWriter(); } } camaraXML.save("CamaraXML.xml");}function funAttWriter() { var x = camaraXML.getElementsByTagName("timelastmove"); x.item(0).setAttribute("hora","change");}--------------------------- CODE ------------------------------

This will be a permission setting in your IIS.One of the other guys will be able to offer more help on this because I'm not particularly server oriented (yet).I know this because I had a similar problem with trying to do this on a client application using XML/XSL and the way I got round it was to create an "hta" file for the main page which gave me ownership of the file system through HTTP.What you need to do (I think!! don't take this as gospel) is create a folder that the file gets saved into and give the page read/write access to it. I think this will sort it, but I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more details.Hope this helps,Dooberry.