Caching Only Seems To Be Partially Working?

minerbog

Hi All,

It my first ever post here so sorry if I slip up!! Been using w3schools site for ages and didn't even realise they had a forum! Opps :|

Anyway, my problem is this. I have created the htaccess files as below for my website for cache all the static files for on month using mod expires. I have checked with my hosting company and mod_expires & mod_headers are both active on my server. For some reason though it doesn't seem to be working as I would expect?

Here is a copy of my htaccess file :

<IfModule mod_expires.c>ExpiresActive OnFileETag none# Set Expires Headers<FilesMatch “\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$”>Header set Expires A2419200</FilesMatch></IfModule>

<IfModule mod_headers.c>

ExpiresActive OnFileETag none# Set Expires Headers<FilesMatch “\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$”>Header set Cache-Control “max-age=2419200”</FilesMatch></IfModule>Basically, every item listed has a cache dated 1 month in the future.

When I check this with firebug, the page loads as normal. Then I navigate elsewhere on the site. The images don’t even request (which is correct) but the css checks and downloads with a 200OK response even though it shows that the current cache doesn’t expire until a months time?? (See attached screenshot)

post-89377-0-80510000-1326045986_thumb.png

But if I hit refresh the css file returns a 304 Not-Modified response but don’t download??

Please help! Why are my css caches not working as they should yet the images chache are fine!?!!

Many Thanks

smile.gif

Archived