How To Create A Contact Page Like This With Html?

alienA2

That's a simple form using 2 input fields and a textarea. In order to send the email you will have to use PHP or ASP.

Hi Ingolme. I have two questions. One: where on the coding should you place the receiver's email address (i.e. the person who will receive the message/s)?Two: does the page need to be on a server in order to work correctly? If so, will a Linux server be sufficient to complete the process and make it work correctly?

If you visited the link Ingolme posted, it's pretty clear where the receiver email goes. About your second question, every file of your website is on a server. A Linux server will be fine yes.

I have tried using the syntax but it is not working... here is the code... <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html lang="en"><head><!-- This is the link to the external CSS file--><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/mystyle.css"><!-- This is the link to the external Javascript file--><script type="text/javascript" src="js/myjs.js"></script><title>Contact Frame</title></head><body id="iframe_spec" class="iframe_paragraphs"><h1 id="head1_spec">We Want To Hear From YOU!</h1><article> <p class="iframe_paragraphs">If you have a query, simply contact us via using our messaging system on this page. Alternatively, you may also send us an email to simfonika@gmail.com. Thank you.<br></article><table class="table_artist"><tr ><td><?phpif (isset($_REQUEST['email']))//if "email" is filled out, send email { //send email $email = $_REQUEST['email'] ; $subject = $_REQUEST['subject'] ; $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ; mail("simfonika@gmail.com", "$subject", $message, "From:" . $email); echo "Thank you for using our mail form"; }else//if "email" is not filled out, display the form { echo "<form method='post' action='mailform.php'> Email: <input name='email' type='text' /><br /> Subject: <input name='subject' type='text' /><br /> Message:<br /> <textarea name='message' rows='15' cols='40'> </textarea><br /> <input type='submit' /> </form>"; }?></td><td></td></tr></table></body></html>

I see you just copied the code from the link, is mailform.php the name of the file you got the code on? If not change that to your file's name.

Hi Gallery. Tried to change the mailform.php to the file name. Just to let you know....i am not using a php file. It is html file. Would that be the problem? lol

Well yea! php code only works in page with .php extension, and server that can process php server script. The complete html method, is when the user fills all the details, hit submit which causes the users email program to open with the details applied to a create new email, and you send it yourself.

Ok, I found a nice php contact file and html contact form. When the message is sent off, it executes Javascript code to say that the Messag was sent. Checked my email box, and I didnt receive anything yet. Check the attachements

html-contact-form.zip

Are you asking if I am running this on my computer? If so, no. I am FTPing my html files and php file into another server which runs Linux. My site is up and running. But the contact page is not working (i.e. It does not send the message to the owner's sites's email address (mine) ).

According to the Server owner, yes it has. I am now receiving notifications from the server on my email that the message was sent. However, now the problem is that I am not seeing the actual message on my mails, just notifications that the message was sent.

Archived