How to modify a copied layer cs5

nemonat

Hello,I am using the "copy layer" feature in Flash CS5 but am having a hard time modifying it after pasting.When I change the text of the copied layer, both the original layer + copied layer change.Is there a "right" way of modifying a copied layer?Thanks very much.

Yes, that's easy. You have to give an "ID" for this copied layer, then you can edit it and the original is not modified. This panel you can set "properties" of the object.I advise you to duplicate the layer, object, and not copy/paste, because it is right to duplicate, import. Copy image of PS or FW, for example, will let your large file.

This sounds like an instance issue. When you edit text that is an instance of another object it will edit the original. For example: If I had an object named "triangle_MOV" and I drag it onto the stage, it is an instance of the original object "triangle_MOV"Double clicking it will open up the object editor. My advice is to keep all of your text separated on a different layer. Also, animated objects that are tweened also should be on their own layers. I'd really have to get a look at the source file for better help. Hope this clears it up a bit. -Graham

If that's the case, where you have 2 instances of the same object, then you can also duplicate the base object and then create one instance of each on the stage. That applies to every object though, if the duplicated instances each have other objects inside of them then those will also both be linked to the same library object.

Archived