SQL - mySQL - DB?

Chets

Hey peoples, I need some help, :) I recently bought a book on mySQL and it talks about SQL server scripting, however i am not sure how to get people on my site to register username/passand then make it register in mySQL database or any other DB software. And then use ASP to validate then next time the user logs in. I am not sure i have the process correctly. Please correct me if i am wrong and shed some light on thewhole scripting and database topic. :) Thanks :) Chets :blink:

You need to create a table in the database to hold all of the user information. You need to figure out which fields you want to keep track of, and put all of the fields in the database. You probably want your password field to be 40 characters wide so you can encode passwords with either MD5 or SHA-1. You need to write a register page that collects all of the information and makes sure everything is right, and then inserts the user in the database. Then you need a login page to check with the database if the correct user name and password were entered, and keep track of the user using the session (cookies).Check the references for ASP to learn how to connect to and query the database.