Critique & a little help

astralaaron

hello I figured this would probably be the best place for this. I would like some feedback on the site in general. But honestly, more important to me, is that for some reason in google chrome there is a lag issue (it is slow when you scroll the screen). On my computer it is not so bad, but I can see it. A buddy of mine told me he was having problems scrolling, so I checked out his computer, and the scroll barely works. I've never seen anything like it. (vertical scroll) I did a search on chrome and it seems like other people are having some lag issues with google chrome. But I am not sure if it's just something I am doing wrong in my code or what. It seems like it might actually be the embeded youtube videos on the page that are making it slow. Because one of my other pages seemed like it was working a bit smoother when scrolling. (i did not see on my friends computer that was lagging extremely bad on the home page yet) Another thing it might be (in my mind) is the contact overlay that i have fixed on the bottom right of the screen. I think my friend said before that was there it wasn't lagging but he wasn't 100% sure about if he even scrolled the screen then. Theres a containter div 100% width and height that the contact overlay is in with a fixed positon on the bottom. (i did not change the z-index of the 100%, i was thinking maybe that would help if that container of the overlay was -10 zindex or something. The weird thing to me is that sometimes the actual Arrows on the scroll bar don't show up. its a blank square on top and bottom of the scroll bar. (that's what made me think maybe the z-index possibly) but ive never heard of a div covering the scroll bar. anyway, any feedback on whether or not google chrome has a lag issue, or if you know what might be causing it. please let me know. let me know what you think of the site as well, I am always struggling with layout and design! the web site is [ www dot see video ads dot com ] (no spaces of course, and with a www. and .com) thanks a bunch

Archived