Can't get mkdir() to work

Bogey

I have tried all of the next: mkdir('test/')mkdir('test') chdir('../');$albumfolder = getcwd() . '/secure';mkdir($albumfolder); chdir('../');$albumfolder = getcwd() . '/secure/';mkdir($albumfolder); chdir('../../');$albumfolder = getcwd() . '/secure';mkdir($albumfolder); chdir('../../');$albumfolder = getcwd() . '/secure/';mkdir($albumfolder); chdir('../../');$albumfolder = getcwd() . '/public_ftp/secure/';mkdir($albumfolder); Also tried the 0777 value... NOTHING worked!Any help? ;)

Also tried the 0777 value...
If PHP doesn't have enough permissions, it might even miss the permission to set permissions. You may have to set 0777 permissions from another place (e.g. a shell, or a control panel provided by your host).

I did send a message to the host, hope they can help me further :S I think it is kind of strange, that it is not possible, to let PHP adding directory's! Or is that cause safety?

So the reason I can't make dirs, is cause of to little permission by PHP?
Most likely, yes. The other possibility is a buggy PHP version, but either way, it's not something you can fix in your PHP code.And yes, the reason some hosts forbid this is for security. Most of them however don't disable it completely. They just disable it by default, and let you enable it if you need it, hence my earlier comment about a shell or a control panel.

Archived