slow page issue

astralaaron

Hi I was not sure which category this should be in because I am not sure what is causing the site to be slow. It is actually only slow in google chrome. I have a small javascript overlay that loads in and is fixed to the bottom right of the screen 1 ajax call is made during that. there is also 2 embeded YouTube videos which I defaulted to HD. I posted about this in the critique section because I was asking for people to visit the page to see if it lagged.. But it did not get any response so I am hoping someone sees this here and might know why it is lagging. again it is only lagging on google chrome and the site is: seevideoads DOT com appreciate any info on whats causing the lag EDIT:theres also the google analytics code, and a google plus button EDIT 2: by lagging, and slow, I mean the vertical scroll bar is very choppy and slow, on my buddies computer you can barely use the scroll bar at all.

I would really appreciate if anyone atleast confirms there is a lag issue on the chrome browser. My computer is brand new and really fast but I do notice a choppiness in the scrolling, but it is not TOO bad on mine but it is not smooth like other pages. My friends computer is a few years old and pretty slow. on his computer you can hardly get it to scroll, totally non usuable. I am sure people will immediately leave if they experience it

The browser has a problem rendering such a large background image when it's fixed. Remove "fixed" from the background image's properties. The background-size: cover line might also have been part of the problem.

Archived