Hide Stream URL?

Clement312

Hello, How could I hide the source of Video Stream? I don't want people to be able to get the source URL. Thank You!! <video id="media" width="857" height="480" controls="true" loop="true" autoplay="true" x-webkit-airplay="allow" src="HOW DO I HIDE THIS.m3u8" style="width: 653px; height: 380px; ">Votre navigateur n’est pas compatible avec HTML 5.</video>

What a horrible website. It's full of pop-ups and takes forever toload. Anyways, I can see the source code of it. If you're using Firefox, just press Control+U. Or you can disable Javascript if you want to stop the script that prevents right-clicking.

So on a Page when I click view source i get this: How can I do the something to protect my site from people stealing streams? TK <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC><!-- meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 1.0" --><!-- Hello Webmaster! --><!-- You want to steal stream link? --><!-- yes yes, I know it ;-) --><!-- I have better solution for you --><!-- Register at http://www.futucash.com --><!-- start earn BIG money with your media traffic! -->

If it's in the HTML/CSS/JavaScript/anything that is executed by the client, it can be seen.You can turn stuff into images, in which case each image will be viewable, and so will be its address, but the way the image was created won't be. That's the best you can do.

You can't block opening just the widget. You either block it all, or none of it. If the widget is online, it can be viewed separately or as a whole.Checking the Referer header and blocking the widget when it's missing or has an unexpected values will block "pseudo hacker" attacks, but may also stop some legitimate users who's browsers don't send this header for whatever reason.It also won't stop someone who actually wants to steal your stream/widget/whatever. They can easily figure out this is a referer block, and they can then lie to your server that they came from where they're supposed to. Tools like Fiddler and Firebug can assist with that, and languages like PHP and others can then automate the process.If it's online, it can be copied. Stop fighting it and embrace it instead.