cookie monster!!

manick

Can anybody please tell me where I am going wrong, I am trying to set a cookie on a flash intro page to basically say if I have been here before, go straight to the main.html page.As ever, any help much appreciated!!function chkcook(){ if (document.cookie.beenbefore !='TRUE'){ }else { window.location="main.html"; return false } //stop hiding--> </script> <script > <!--hide function previousCookie (name, value) { // number of days the cookie should last var expDays = 180; var exp = new Date(); exp.setTime(exp.getTime() + (expDays * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000)); expirationDate = exp.toGMTString(); // Set cookie with name and value provided // in function call and date from above document.cookie = name + '=' + escape(value) document.cookie += '; expires=' + exp.toGMTString();}I AM THEN TRYING TO CALL THEM WITH THE FOLLOWING:<<body onload="SetCookie('wishlist',cookieString)";"chkcook()";"onblur="previouscookie('beenbefore','TRUE')";>Many thanksNick Trenam

if (document.cookie.beenbefore !='TRUE'){I'm pretty sure you can't access a cookie like that. You'd have to find the appropriate variable in document.cookie using indexOf and substring, and then substring that to get the variable. The correct code is displayed in the W3S cookie example. :)Choco