Validating HTML

fullphaser

Are you using the correct XHTML list? such as:

<ul>  <li>Coffee</li>  <li>Tea    <ul>      <li>Black tea</li>      <li>Green tea</li>    </ul>  </li>  <li>Milk</li></ul>

Guest simonbrahan

You haven't closed the previous <li> tags. Most browsers will figure out what you've done and display it normally, but it's still bad html. If you tab your code when you write it this sort of error is a lot easier to sort out.

You haven't closed the previous <li> tags. Most browsers will figure out what you've done and display it normally, but it's still bad html. If you tab your code when you write it this sort of error is a lot easier to sort out.

No, I don't think that is it. here is the code
<ul id="menuii">	<li id="head" class="special">Menu</li>	<li class="mobile"><a href="community.php" title="a list of all the communication locations on this website">Community</a>  <ul> 	 <li><a href="forums/index.php" title="message board">Forums</a></li> 	 <li><a href="irc://irc.gamesurge.com/" title="chat room link, (must have IRC Client)">Chat Room</a></li>  </ul>	</li>	<li class="mobile"><a href="tutorials.php" title="A list of avaliable tutorials at avant information Services">Tutorials</a>  <ul> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/photoshop.php">Photoshop</a></li> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/gimp.php">Gimp</a></li> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/XHTML.php">XHTML</a></li> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/CSS.php">CSS</a></li> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/PHP.php">PHP</a></li> 	 <li><a href="tutorials/javascript.php">Javascript</a></li>  </ul>	<li class="mobile"><a href="scripts.php" title="free easy to use scripts">Scripts</a>  <ul> 	 <li><a href="scripts/javascript.php">Javascript</a></li> 	 <li><a href="scripts/asp.php">ASP</a></li> 	 <li><a href="scripts/php.php">PHP</a></li> 	 <li><a href="scripts/ajax.php">AJAX</a></li>  </ul>	</li>	<li><a href="downloads.php" title="free downloads to help your computer">Downloads</a></li>	<li class="mobile"><a href="reviews.php" title="Reviews of products and freeware we have come across">Reviews & FAQ's</a>  <ul> 	 <li><a href="reviews/hardware.php">Hardware</a></li> 	 <li><a href="reviews/software.php">Software</a></li> 	 <li><a href="reviews/games.php">Games</a></li> 	 <li><a href="reviews/general.php">General</a></li>  </ul>	</li></ul>

and unless I have always been wrong you don't close the <li> tag on an nested list util after you have finished off the nested list, and I am pretty sure that is valid xhtml, or atleast I thought it was.

Yeah heh, just before I came on I caught that. I was looking at the code before the PHP was parsed... so my line numbers were completly differnt from where I should have been looking. :) eh, I guess sometimes silly mistakes just catch you off gaurd. I can't belive I missed that. Oh well you win some you loose some tis all good and valid now