i cann't open, create or read a file (ASP)

cyrus71

hi I am trying to learn ASP, at W3chools,i came so long that i want to create, read or write a file or check last modified date on files.when i have one of following lines (rows), my script wait and wait for ever, nothing happend, 1. set filename=FS.CreateTextFile("c:\test.txt",true) 2. Set RS = FS.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("text") & "webbhotell.txt",1) 3. Set RS=FS.GetFile(Server.MapPath("app1.asp")) I have tested with 3 different files and i have tested line by line, when i have one of those 3 line efter Set FS=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"), so my script wait and work for ever and nothing happend.i need help

HeyIm new to ASP However you need an IIS (Internet Information Services) or PWS (Personal Web Server). That is because it needs to be establish as a website using your localhostyou can learn to install these from this website dependant on which system you are running you're comp onhttp://www.webwizguide.com/asp/default.aspIf that doesnt help maybe other people can Hope its helpful