CSS/HTML Problem

Mudsaf

Somehow i cannot display background-image on my div id. So i have this Div

<div id="top_left"></div>

and this css

#top_left {background-image:url(img/bottom.jpg);background:no-repeat;background:top;background:left;width:25px;height:25px;

somehow it doesn't show the background image? Any help please. My paths

style.css (ROOT)index.html (ROOT)images (ROOT/img/)

Your background declarations are overwriting all your other background declarations. "background" is a property that writes all the different properties at once. If you had used another background declaration previously it will be overwritten by default values and the values you give it. Either write all the properties at once, or use separate properties. background-image: url(img/bottom-jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: top left;

Do you mean like this?

#top_left {background-image:url(img/top_left_corner.jpg)background:no-repeatbackground:topbackground:leftwidth:25pxheight:25px;}

If yes, still didin't work. Could you fix it for me. Either does this one above.

#top_left {background-image:url(img/top_left_corner.jpg);background:no-repeat;background-position: top left;width:25px;height:25px;}

Im trying to make website layout i got these images left top corner, top, right top corner, left, right, left bottom corner, bottom, right bottom corner. In the middle there should be background with black colour and text would go there.

re-read his post carefully....

Your background declarations are overwriting all your other background declarations. "background" is a property that writes all the different properties at once. If you had used another background declaration previously it will be overwritten by default values and the values you give it. Either write all the properties at once, or use separate properties. background-image: url(img/bottom-jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: top left;
if you don't want to include all the background properties and values in one line, then you will need to list them out separately like in Ingolme's example. Otherwise you would have to do something like:
background: url('image/path.jpg') no-repeat top left;

this is known as shorthand just look in the tutorialshttp://www.w3schools..._background.asp

Archived