how to found a solution of this error

injesus

HiSQL Analyzer show this errorServer: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 2OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Book1$'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.]OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IColumnsInfo::GetColumnsInfo returned 0x80004005: ].The code is--Read Excel Sheet using OpenRowSetselect * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'Excel 8.0;DATABASE=c:\MyExcel.xls', 'Select * from [book1$]')is the system or the codethanks

I'm not sure what you are working with there. This is the error message:The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Book1$'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.This means that it is looking for something called "Book1" that could not be found. I assume that applies to the XLS file. If you need more help, you probably need to look up a reference for using SQL queries with office, look up help on the openrowset function.

ok the filename Workbook is MyExcel.xls, the Worksheet name is usuarios(now), and the code is.--Read Excel Sheet using OpenRowSetselect * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'Excel 8.0;DATABASE=c:\temp\MyExcel.xls', 'Select * from [usuarios]')Show me the errorServer: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 2The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'usuarios'what's Wrongcan you help methanks

I check the Microsoft Help and the error now is Server: Msg 7314, Level 16, State 1, Line 1OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' does not contain table 'Hoja1$'. The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table.OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: OLE DB provider does not contain the table: ProviderName=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', TableName='Hoja1$].My file name is c:\DISPCONF506.xls and the worksheet name is "Hoja1"

Edited by injesus

Thank you already undefined . It is necessary to consider if the server is remote or local, if it is local there is no problem, but if it is external, it is necessary to copy it to the server so that he recognizes it.This code if it works:SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;Database=c:\este.xls', 'SELECT * FROM [sheet1$]')where "este.xls" is the file name in the computer server "C:\" path.