Flash Movie Streaming Problem on IIS

katty

Have just imported FLV Movie into Flash using Adobe CS5. Works perfectly when I load Html into Browser on local Computer. However when I view in IIS 6 (locahhost) see just a grey control bar and the movie is not available. I have introduced the mime types on IIS .flv video/x-flv and .swf application/x-shockware-flash and even .flv flv-application/octet-steam but to no avail. Logfile = ....html 304 and sometimes ....html 200. Cant find any other solutions in search maschines.Can anyone help????? Am using Windows XP Professional locally.Have also uploaded per FTP to Provider whos using windows 2003 and of course that doesn't work either. Luv Kathy

A 200 response means that the request was fine, and a 304 indicates that the browser can load the item from cache. Use a tool like Firebug or the browser's developer tools to check the response to see that it actually did send the movie (especially check the size to make sure it's correct), and if the server is sending the FLV then it might be an issue with the player or the movie encoding.

Archived