1000-bc

thescientist

Just a site I did for a friend of mine during my free time. I had a friend do the design and then I did the rest (much happier not designing, hah). It was a good exercise to practice some OOP in PHP, and allowed me to develop a simple MVC like framework for myself. I created an admin section for managing products for the local store, but naturally I can't show that. Hope you guys like it. http://www.1000-bc.com

Hi,I've checked your website. Well in my point of view, the design of your website is very simple. The color combination is too dull, I suggest that you add some bright color to make the design of your website more interesting to look at. Also, since your products are more on minerals and the likes, it should be better if your website has a 3d effects. You may also want to add additional interactive function like slideshow. And the last thing that I've noticed is that the social media buttons are not properly aligned or maybe it's only because of my internet connection, anyway, you may want to check it also. thanks

well, there is a slideshow if you click on any of the products. I've tested this all browsers and found no alignment issues any of the major browsers, on both XP/Win7/OSX. Could you please provide the browser/OS you used? As stated, the design is not mine but it was well received by the client, so I'm not sure if there is anything I can do at this point. Since this is more of an e-commerce/business site, creating a simple, navigable, and approachable site was the primary objective, which I think this meets. Given that there would be lots of varied colors in the gems/products themselves, it felt better to have a more neutral background to provide a better canvas for the products to be displayed over. Somewhere down the road more "flash" could be added I suppose, but this is not my department. I am just a developer, lol. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.

Archived