Entering PHP from inside of JavaScript.

sepoto

My form is processed via action.php:

<?phprequire_once 'login.php';$db_server = mysql_connect($db_hostname, $db_username, $db_password);if (!$db_server) die("Unable to connect to MySQL: " . mysql_error());$physichal_address = $_GET["physichaladdress"];$thelat = $_GET["thelat"];$thelng = $_GET["thelng"];$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', '************');if (!$link) {die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());}mysql_close($link);?><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><title>Free Wifi locations near you:</title><link type="text/css" href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" /><script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="map.js"></script></head><body><h1>Free Wifi locations near you:</h1><div id="map"></div><p>If you have any questions or comments please send them to the webmaster penguin@sepserver.net .</p></body></html>

There is a referenced JavaScript in which I attempt to access PHP that fails:

(function() {//function//window.onloadwindow.onload = function() {// Creating a reference to the mapDivvar mapDiv = document.getElementById('map');// Creating a latLng for the center of the mapvar latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(37.09, -95.71);// Creating an object literal containing the properties// we want to pass to the mapvar options = {center: latlng,zoom: 4,mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP};//window.onload// Creating the mapvar map = new google.maps.Map(mapDiv, options);google.maps.event.addListener(map, 'bounds_changed', function() {window.bounds = map.getBounds();<?php echo "alert(\"Hello World!\");" ?>});}  })();//function

Does anyone know why my call to PHP is breaking my JavaScript? I have done this before many times but I don't see why this is failing on my IIS7 + PHP configuration. "info.php" outputs just fine! Thank you so much!

I tried this:

window.myvar = "<?= $physichal_address ?>";

in my next javascript alert(window.myvar); I get <?= $physichal_address ?> ??????? I tried removing the quotes but that just breaks the script. Is this to do with security?

PHP might not have short tags enabled. First try <?php echo $physichal_address; ?>. If that doesn't work then it means that your page is not executing the PHP. Remember that PHP and Javascript are not connected. PHP runs first and prints out data that Javascript can use later.

If you're pointing to an external Javascript file that you need to execute PHP in, it needs to be a .php file. You can use PHP to send a content type header for text/javascript to make sure the browser still sees it as a Javascript file.

Archived