Sign in to follow this  
Twango

MySQL Connect thru Ubuntu Terminal?

Hey, I need this program in the Ubuntu terminal to connect to MySQL.When I use $this->writeOutput("Connecting too MySQL database...", "INFO"); $this->mysql->connect("-----", "-----", "----"); $this->writeOutput("PAUSE"); $this->writeOutput("PAUSE"); $this->writeOutput("PAUSE"); It doesn't work, it echos "Connecting too MySQL database..." and then nothing else, it just goes back to wanting me to enter a command.Any ideas?Using XAMPP (LAMPP)

Make sure error reporting is on: ini_set('display_errors', 1);ini_set('html_errors', 0);error_reporting(E_ALL); If you don't see anything then you might need to add error checking to your mysql object.

I didn't write this code... so what do you mean by If you don't see anything then you might need to add error checking to your mysql object. ?

I mean that if you don't see error messages after adding the code I showed, then the mysql object that the code is using may need to be modified to do error checking if it isn't doing that already. I didn't write that code either, so I can't tell you anything about the mysql object you're using.