Two problems with IE

jaylow

Hi i am making a site, and in firefox it looks all okay but when i come to IE i have some problemsite herefirst thing: is the page does not center. second thing: the images sliders goes over the text .has anyone an idear on how to fix this 2 problems? also the page is now in a fixed size.. and i a would like to have it good for every screen res, does anyone have advice on how to do that?

There should be a notice in this forum "Warning: Do not post in this forum about problems you are experiencing, when using CSS styling position: absolute; in the layout of your site, AS this IS THE PROBLEM! 99.9% of the time you should use margin, padding and float instead, IF after this conversion, you still have problems, then post and we will be glad to help."

and why should i not use position absolute?
Position absolute elements, are taken out of the workflow of the document, they occupy no space, the other non positioned element/s in the document will occupy the space vacated by them. Therefore the position of positioned absolute element is not determined by the layout of other positioned/non positioned element/s whose content may change as extra text, images are added or text size is enlarged for accessibility reasons, but by the properties left, top, right and bottom used, IF these are not adjusted, overlapping will occur (in affect this is where you wanted me, so this is where I'm ABSOLUTELY staying, and to ###### with where the other element content may be).
mmhh i never used float,and i tryed some thing and it makes everthing hardershould i maybe remake the hole side from the starts?would that make things easyer,
Yes!

Did help a lot with my problem!!! Thank a heap, but I have one little remark to make, whilst you say we shouldn't ask for help on our project i disregard this.Because for example, Einstein for sort of speak wouldn't get so far I he didn't had a pencil or a crayon to write his mathematics, sort of catch my drift? No offence on your remark, but should keep in mind though.

??? I never said you shouldn't ask for help, I just pointed out that the use of positioning absolute in the layout of the page WILL cause, and ADD to the problems you are experiencing, and only when you use margin, padding, float instead, will these problems, OR most of the problems encounted disappear. Making it easier to identify any problem, without being hindered by the what is being caused predominately by the use of position: absolute; itself.

Archived