How do you do the voodoo you do?

Xabache

This page of yours features Adsense served ads: http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.aspas does this page of mine: http://fragmentearth.com/ADSENSE-TEST-PAGE.html When loading your page, my firefox with stock settings displays no redirect warning (where adsense redirects to the same page one time, per ad, for up to three page loads per view), when loading my page it displays a pop-down redirect warning. When i upload your page to my server, your ads display, just as mine, and just as mine your page triggers the redirect warning, but, on your server this warning never displays. what's the dealio? is there a server side script i am missing, preventing adsense from triggering these newbie scaring redirection warnings? they are meaningless, and i know i can turn them off, but they shouldn't be there in the first place and google certainly isnt going to change this for me. So, are you preventing your ads from redirecting... all adsense served ads do this.... why not yours? Explain in detail please. =)

Which Firefox? I use the latest one (10.0.2), and I get no warning of any sort. I haven't changed any settings.What exactly does the warning state?

I use Firefox 5.0.1, and am on WinXP sp1, explaining the 5.0.1. "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page" in a browser pop-down below the tabs at the top of my browser window. Any ideas not involving upgrading?

I'm guessing Google uses the client ID to determine the domain the ads were intended for. It then generates a redirect using that domain as a referrer.Since you're not W3Schools.com, Firefox 5 detects that the script is pretending to be another site, which in turn it treats as a possible attack vector. Perhaps further investigations revealed no attack could start with this, leading to the drop in 10.0.2... or maybe this is still a true problem, but was overlooked.

The browser shows it when it redirect from browser like meta redirect. You can set it off from browser setting>advanced. eg in PHP if script sends a location header (eg .header("lcoation:/index.php") ;) it will redirect but it wont be catched in browser. but if you set the redirect in <meta> tag or set the header as header("refresh:5;url=/index.php") it will be cathable by browser. Probably its the implemention of the ads if its deployed in server side code it is most likely not blocking. and if it is used either one ,it is blocking. JS redirect also will be catchble by browser so that could be blocked too.

Archived