Sign in to follow this  
jkSandy

Input field question

I am using input fields to display/change data from a database. So the user can display a record and change a field value then update the DB record. When the DB field contains text such as: “Intro to Logic” only “Intro” displays in the (input) field. If the field contains “Intorto Logic” only “Introto” displays in the (input field). In ohter word it stops at the first space. I am using a variable to place the text into the value attribute of the input field: value=<?php echo $_SESSION[className] ?>. Yet when I put the literal value=“Intro to Logic” it displays the entire phrase – “Intro to Logic”. What am I doing wrong or what am I misunderstanding about input fields. Note: if I display the text outside an input object it displays correctly so information is passing correctly from the database to the web page.

Is there quotes around the statement of the value attribute? I dont know much about php, but i think quotes are needed.value="<?php echo _SECTION[className]?>"

Edited by eTianbun
  • Like 2

I've not been working with database involvement yet, but that issue could be a FAQ .. so I'm thanking both of you for it honestly

• Like 1