Resizing website to fit all browsers?

mystvearn

The most advanced thing I have is a friendster blog, though that is not really a website. Its more of all ready made layouts. I tried using googpe page creator to make a website, but I have this trouble where the formats (which google give are small). My screen resolution is 1280x1024 and the webpage appears odd. I don't know why. Is there some way that the screen can automatically strech to fit all kinds of people's resolution?Other problems are those you will find after visiting the site :) I made another page inside google page creator, with image only, though the format it gives restrict the images I place. What I want is when I click the image, it will go to my website. Something like those "entrance" Pictures. Since I was testing around I just took a picture from another site, and linked it. When I clicked the picture>it brought me to the site which I linked the picture from :) and not my site. Since I made another page, I can see the page, but other users cannot. Because I'm the moderator. So how to link the picture directly to my site?I have registered with geocities, but I have not used anything yet. I can see that google page creator is not that polished or easy to use. I have MS publisher, but I have not used it yet (didn't bother to use it since I started with google). Since I want to have a pro site within a month, I don't really care how taxing the method is, but simplest and best way should be it. Should I dump GPC and go publisher? I think its better for a WYSIWYG, so that I can save time than learning all kinds of codes. Lastly, I made few links, but then I can "middle click" with FF which opens it in a new browser. Though I really like this feature of tab browsing, I just don't want the website URL to appear and I want to restrict tab browsing (restrict hotlinking) to the website. How can this be done? Thanks. Sorry for the multitude of questions :)

Well I am sorry but if you want to make a site properly the only way of doing it is to understand the coding for the page. :blink: WYSIWYG editors are pretty much usless there ok if you dont care about making the site perfect which going of what you have asked you want it perfect. :) So my advise would be to get learning of the tutorials on the web all you can about HTML and CSS. But unless you learn really quick and have every hour of the day your never gonna learn enough to make a "pro site" in a month. The only way your gonna get a pro site in a month is to pay a pro. :) If you really really have to use a WYSIWYG editor then I would say Dreamweaver or Amiya code pages the best but even then dont do the job right which is why we learn how to code ourself. :)I would also advise against using Geocitys too as they use non valid coding for displaying there ads on your site so you will never be able to validate your page properly.Here are a couple of tutorials on the layout type your talking about.http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0816.htmhttp://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0916.htmand a load more layout tutorials.http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/index.htmThough if you dont know HTML and CSS they are pretty pointless as you wont know what to do with them.

I have the time, but not sure the tools (if its not free) to make the site. I have some idea about the html tags as its alomst similar to the forum tags. Though I'm not sure if I should skip the HTML part with the following tutorial, or going it step by step

Na it dont cost out to learn how to code webpages not using these online tutorials.All you need is a code editor Note Pad will do but there are better ones out there such as Note Pad 2 or PHP Designer 2006 and loads more out there for free.First port of call if you have the time then is to learn HTML.W3Schools HTMLhttp://www.w3schools.com/html/default.aspOnce you have ran though the HTML section on here.You will wanna run though the CSS section.HTMLDog also has some very good tutorials on HTML and CSS.If you dont understand anything just give us a shout on this forum and we will soon sort ya out. :)