Positive Feedback for client website (Not Finished)

jonny1990

Hi guys, I need you to help me what I can do to implement this site and make it look more appealing. I am a backed coder php, but not good at design.www.jonathonleggwebdesign.co.uk/fw/Any criticism or feedback on code to add would be great. Thanks,Jon

Reposting my suggestions here. I like your navigation bar. (i suppose links are disabled from you). I see you fixed the white area with the content paragraphs. I like it much better now. Your textarea (in the bottom right corner form) width is not equal with the input field's width. What is more i can't see your submit button in the form, the footer is hiding it (and part of the textarea). Lastly the letters on your logo image (inside the header) seem a little blurry. Oh and one more thing, add a title to your website.

There are some strange things going on with the font in "By Jonathan Woodgate" in the spaces of the B and o. In the same are of the page, there is a small white square in the bottom right corner of that large dark red box. The way that the white box below it chops off without even showing the bottom line of the comments field is strange, as well. As for the color scheme, I kind of like that one accent of blue in "F. Wilkinson & Sons" at the top of the page. It works, somehow.

Very nice color combo.I like the navigation bar ,it is something i dont really see on websites.In the box called slide one i was expecting to see pics but i guess you plan to put them in later.in my opinion i wouldnt have put contact form with address on the home page but instead interesting info about company and etc.

• 2 weeks later...

No offense meant, but I hope you could create a better website layout, navigation bar, color combination and a logo. Perhaps, the design should be more of a corporate type website since they are offering flooring service to their clients.

Hi I have a few suggestions : removing the gap between the content area and the banner. About the banner, I like it, but I don't like how it is only 1 red tone with white, I think you have something going with that graphic but it needs a little work. The main company name logo in blue, I didn't even see that up there, my eyes ignored that color for some reason because it was so different I guess, I think that should be changed too.

• 2 months later...

... How much of this site did you code yourself?The magic line nav on the top is definitely not your idea, I have seen code for that feature in many places.The site feels like I have seen everything on it before.

wow harsh much? lol, anyway color combo is great, but the blue logo is make it odd.umm how about making a reflect on the blue with some red or white so it can be notice more, also your contact form is being cut off.i wasnt too sure about the footer, because you have a black bar which i though was the footer then you have your signs below it, how about combinning those two to make it one, and make a sticky footer so the contact form can be shown also.the banner/header "westex finest quality carpets" is a little blur, making that look sharp would be a plus to your website.and last thing i should suggest is to clean up the "by jonathan woodgate" the "B" and "o" needs to be cleaned up a little, besides that the side looks good to gowell i hope that help you clean up the site a little bit more

I'm not trying to be harsh, but that is the first thing I thought when I saw the site.It just feels like I've seen it before, nothing new. Sorry if that is harsh.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but that is the first thing I thought when I saw the site.It just feels like I've seen it before, nothing new. Sorry if that is harsh.
naa, wasnt refering to your post the other dude post i was refering too hehehehehe, we kool

Do you want your client to make a lot of money or is there another objective? If maximizing profit is the objective, there's more work to do.

• 2 months later...

HiIt is academically frowned upon to use table elements for anything other than tabular data. It is obviously sematically wrong as far as content markup goes, a form is not a table of similar data items...is it? Therefore you should replace the table elements surrounding your form elements with <divs>. This will not break your implementation of the strict DTD as all table elements must be enclosed by divs to pass this validation and for God's sake get used to using <frameset> elements....it will make your work lot a lot more professional. CSS tarts all this up. And validate...Use Firefox and download the WebDevelopers add-on...and use the HTML validation. Your page currently has....18 errors and 6 warnings. KISS....keep it simple stupid... With that you wont go wrong.

Oh! I forgot to add....layout should be done...in CSS2 at least...using floats and not table cells. Hope this helpsSteve