h1 background image

jegranet

Can you put a background image with a <h1>. I tried this: h1 {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:18px;color:#fff;margin:2px;background: url(graphics/h1image.png) no-repeat left top;} Instead of a background colour, I wanted a fixed sized image with rounded corners, but this doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help.Thanks.Jean

I have made those changes as so:: h1 {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12em;color:#fff;margin:2px;width: 230px;height:39px;width:background:url(graphics/h1image.png) no-repeat left top;} But I still can't see the image. Jean

h1 {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12em;color:#fff;margin:2px;width: 230px;height:39px;width:background:url(graphics/h1image.png) no-repeat left top;} the width: will break the css, and from what i gather the image should be in a graphics folder, and this folder is at the same location as the file with this css styling. yes!

right start from scratch, IF html document in root, AND within the root you also have graphics folder to hold image, AND ALSO styles folder for css file html document css ref href="styles/stylesheetname.css" css ref for image background:url(../graphics/h1image.png) no-repeat left top; '../' will take you to root directory from css folder to graphics folder and then image

Thank you for your patience. That was the original set up. My image was in the graphics folder and my style sheet in the styles folder. I have put everything back. I have now copied your css for the image (../graphics/h1image.png) and that worked. I was missing the ../ before the graphics folder. It is always something so simple isn't it. Many many thanks.Jean

Archived