manipulate objects with data from database

Guest G_A

Hello,I would like to know if it is possible to manipulate an object in Flash, for example a bar, with data that Flash gets from a database. Propose I have made a 1 inch high bar in Flash. When the data in de database changes, from 1 to for example 8, the bar gets 8 inches high.I want to make a bar in Flash that shows realtime data. Before I work on it I wanted to know if it is possible at all.Thanks,G_A

• 1 month later...
Hello,I would like to know if it is possible to manipulate an object in Flash, for example a bar, with data that Flash gets from a database. Propose I have made a 1 inch high bar in Flash. When the data in de database changes, from 1 to for example 8, the bar gets 8 inches high.I want to make a bar in Flash that shows realtime data. Before I work on it I wanted to know if it is possible at all.Thanks,G_A

I it is possible. But you must have a mechanism in flash to reflect the change in database ( preferably XML ). The mechanism you must use will depend on the project you are workiing on. you can set interval, or enterfram or a loop or something like that or even some kind of trigger from a movieClip whose nth frame will call a funciton in root so that... the movieClip will act as a trigger.