Implanting a flash file into html

Ohls

I tried searching the tutorials but I didnt find anything.What I want to do is insert a flash file to a HTML code. The flash file will be located at an FTP on another server.All I need is the code and where to put in the X and Y size of the flash, the URL and ofcourse the code =)Thanks alot!!

well, you can just go to a flash site and see what they use, here's one:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="800" height="650" id="paginaLibroeddoi" align="top">      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />      <param name="movie" value="paginaLibroeddoi.swf" />      <param name="quality" value="high" />      <param name="scale" value="noborder" />      <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />      <embed src="paginaLibroeddoi.swf" quality="high" scale="noborder" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="650" name="paginaLibroeddoi" align="top" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />    </object>

I have no Idea how that works, I just got it off of a flash site.LG

well, you can just go to a flash site and see what they use, here's one:I have no Idea how that works, I just got it off of a flash site.LG

I only looked through the HTML files. duh hehe.I dont understand anything out of that though :S guess ill have to go to the guide then hehe.

When you export in Flash, you can have Flash create the HTML code for you. You want the version in the HTML code to match the version of the Flash player you exported your movie for. You probably don't want the code saying to use the Flash Player 6 if you exported for Flash Player 8.

By publishing the HTML template code in Flash, you'll wind up with unvalid and uncompatible code. Try this:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"data="file.swf"width="720" height="480"><param name="movie"value="file.swf" /></object>

That should be faily simple to understand, fill in your filename twice and set your dimensions. That will return valid XHTML 1.0 and be compatible in IE, FireFox, Netscape, and Opera (there may be more, these are just the one's I've tested).One problem with that format however. One browser, I do not remember which, will not stream the file. Instead the entire file will download first. Using that format is best for small files but there is a work-around if you have Flash.WORK-AROUND:Lets say all of your flash files have the same dimensions of 720x480. What you would need to do is create a blank .swf to those exact dimensions with the following code in your first frame actionscript:

loadMovieNum(_root.path,0);

Then your modifed HTML to embed the Flash would look like this:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"data="720x480.swf?path=file.swf"width="720" height="480"><param name="movie"value="720x480.swf?path=file.swf" /></object>

Notice that the only difference is "720x480.swf?path=file.swf". What we did is made a container clip that loads file.swf in the correct proportions.If you have multiple dimmensioned files, you have to either make multiple container clips.--NOTE: You cannot create a small container clip and size it properly with the code, it will not work. You must create the container clip at the proper size.I hope that helps!-Calvin