combine asp and asp.net

gendelf

Hi there.I'm trying to call a function that resides in the code of an asp.net page,from a classic asp page.When I tried to include the asp.net file in the asp file (as I used to in classic asp),I got the error : "Active Server Pages, ASP 0140 (0x80004005)The @ command must be the first command within the Active Server Page".I understand now that I can not just include the asp.net file in the asp file,but how can I call a function that is written in asp.net ?I would appreciate your help. :)

You can't. ASP.NET is a lot newer than ASP classic, and it uses a completely different execution model (common language runtime, the framework, etc). You can include older classic ASP files in your newer ASP.NET projects, but you can't use the new stuff in the old stuff.

Can you paste the code from the aspx page. It may be possible to rewrite it.

Hi Vinphetamin,The code from the aspx page is :<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="FunctionsNew.aspx.vb" Inherits="iipdmweb.FunctionsNew"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><title>FunctionsNew</title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1"><meta name="CODE_LANGUAGE" content="Visual Basic .NET 7.1"><meta name="vs_defaultClientScript" content="JavaScript"><meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"></HEAD><body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout"><form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"></form></body></HTML>The code from the VB code-behind page is :Imports SystemImports System.WebImports System.Xml.SerializationImports System.NetImports System.IOPublic Class FunctionsNew Inherits System.Web.UI.Page#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code "'This call is required by the Web Form Designer.<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent() End Sub 'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web Form Designer. 'Do not delete or move it. Private designerPlaceholderDeclaration As System.Object Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer 'Do not modify it using the code editor. InitializeComponent() End Sub#End RegionPrivate Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here End Sub'***************************************************************** 'This Funtion send a request to a server defined by the Url parameter, 'and returns a string that is the response of the server (the HTML that 'the server send as the response to a browser request). 'Input: url - the url of the server'***************************************************************** Public Function GetWebPageResult(ByVal url As String) As String Dim myHttpWebRequest As HttpWebRequest = _ CType(WebRequest.Create(url), HttpWebRequest) Dim myHttpWebResponse As HttpWebResponse = _ CType(myHttpWebRequest.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse) Dim receiveStream As Stream = myHttpWebResponse.GetResponseStream() Dim encode As System.Text.Encoding = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8") Dim readStream As New StreamReader(receiveStream, encode) GetWebPageResult = readStream.ReadToEnd() End Function '***************************************************************** 'This Funtion call a remote aspx script that updates the department 'database after actions the students and the experimenter do. ' Input : ' 1. the action (registration, canceling ...). ' 2. sid - the subject's ID ' 3. exp_name - the experiment name ' 4. credit - the amount of credit that was given 'Output: a string. if no error occurred during the call to the remote script ' then the string is empty. else, the string contains the error message. '***************************************************************** Public Function UpdateDep(ByVal action As String, ByVal sid As Integer, _ ByVal exp_name As String, ByVal credit As Integer) As String Dim strMsg As String Dim url As String Dim act_num As Integer If action = "Register" Then act_num = 1 ElseIf action = "Cancel" Then act_num = 2 ElseIf action = "Credit" Then act_num = 3 End If strMsg = "" url = "http://localhost/ConnDBParam/ConnDBParam.aspx" & _ "?action=" & act_num & ",sid=" & sid & ",exp_name=" & exp_name & _ ",credit=" & credit Try strMsg = GetWebPageResult(url) Catch ex As Exception strMsg = ex.Message End Try UpdateDep = strMsg End FunctionEnd ClassGendelf