Send asp form results to two locations,

mtfrazier

I'm was a long time user of Frontpage and sending forms by E-mail and to a html page was easy but now I'm no longer using the FrontPage server extensions and having problems trying to send the form results to a html page. Having no problems sending the form by E-mail but would also like to send the results to an html page at the same time. I'm using asp and not asp.net with MS Expression web 4 as the editor and ftp file upload. Is it possible to use more than one action on the Post method?

You can do whatever you want in the code that processes the form. I'm not sure what you mean by "send the results to an HTML page" though. You can store the results in a database or text file and have the other page read that data, or I guess you could open the HTML page and actually write code that adds the data to the page somewhere if you want to parse the page structure and figure out where to add the data.

The form action of my form is sending not only the form results but the user to a confirmation.asp page where the user can check to see if they selected their username and made 5 selections, if everything is ok, they can click the ok link if not, they can return to form and resubmit it. The confirmation page also contains the cdo mailer to E-mail the form results to me. Once the form results lands in my inbox, my auto forwarder keys on the username: johndoe in the body of the E-mail and sends a hard copy of the form results to john doe's E-mail address.Now, here's what else I want to happen, the forms results sent to a file, html or asp page of every user who submits the form in cronological order by date and time. The user will not have access to this page. Once the event is over, I copy and paste their form results to another page the users can view.When I was using MS FrontPage, the form properites were set to send the form results to a csv file, html page and also E-mail me the form results. The html page, users could not access nor did I want them to.I hope this makes sense to you!

Archived