[HTML] White bar above div in one-page layout

advanzd

Hello! I have a problem: I'm working on a one page layout with a one page jquery preset because i'm not good at jquery and javascript yet. It's not really a layout yet just trying to get the basic things working.So what happens is, on the first page/item of the layout there's a white bar above a div, but i didn't use any padding/margin yet.whitebar.png But on the rest of the pages there's no white bar: nowhitebar.png So is it in the jQuery or in the Html/css? And how do i fix it?

With ALL the html code, css, jquery you given us, probably, but there again probably not, or it could be completely something else instead, To fix! well that depends if you actually give us something to work with, doesn't it! Because the only fix i can give is to take the first screenshot image, remove the white gap in photoshop, and post it back as fixed!

If there is a <p> element inside the box then the collapsing margins property may be causing the paragraph's margin to be placed outside the container.

if any element has a margin greater than its container it will extend out of the containers edge, given the impression that the container has a margin applied itself. to fix apply overflow: hidden; OR padding: 1px; OR border: 1px solid yourcolourchoice; to outer container.

Archived