CSS Header Troubles

Captcha90

Hello W3School goers-- I'm new to the forum, and pretty new to CSS. I was hoping that you folks could help me with this issue I'm having. I've been working on a website for a Fraternity chapter. I came up with a design for it in photoshop (see attachment) that I'm pretty happy with, and the exec board agrees that it works well for their purposes. However, converting it to a CSS layout has not been a smooth process for me. The method that I tried was essentially using two boxes to create the green ribbon over the red background effect...for the most part, I can get it to render properly in most browsers, however I cannot get the top "red area" to show. Essentially, I'm using two graphics: the KS and the crest, and then the textured backgrounds. The rest I'm using CSS to render...I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as how I'd have to code this to get it to look [almost] exactly like the .jpg, as far as the actual layout of the header is concerned. If anyone would like more detail of my problems, please mention it. I would be happy to provide more concise examples. Thanks for the help! -E

post-94760-0-35765900-1333593605_thumb.jpg

Archived