Background image problem - not visible in IE8...

Chris

I see the image OK in Internet Explorer 8. The only problem is that it takes a long time to load.
Ok so you see it, but how come I DONT SEE IT???? :(. In my window it only loads and loads and loads, without the middle background picture to appear! I only see the two link and the grey background. Note that i have an exam in web developement, but have not been so much active on it the last 1 year and some months. Apperantly it is not something i have forgot to do, or to be updated on cause it works fine for you as you say! I am obviously using a syntax for CSS3 too(the background-size syntax is CSS3, and here i thought it was included on CSS2 too!:S? I mean what was the syntax for size in CSS2 then? Or there was none?). So what can the problem be, are you a MUCH experianced good in CSS to explain it to me?

your image is saved as CMYK, save it as RGB.
Well, the situation for me got worse now. This is what i have did: I converted the images to RGB as you said. (Good so far i think). Then i looged into my my FTP platform - FileZilla to upload the files. Now suddenly i cannot even see the image as CMYK OR RGB, on the internet that is. But on the other hand the webhost i have, is the one of the free ones, so i suspect it would have got to do something with that. And i guess the connection through FIleZilla also has got to do with it, since it disconnects all the time and etc. Another weird thing is that as i tried with the RGB file now instead, i saw it now (local - not on internet) but the image got bigger and took up more space in the browser, eventhough i did not change anything in the CSS!! :S. I am totaly confused now, i dont get it at all!

You do realise css3, is not supported in IE versions less than 9, so background-size: will be ignored and it will show the images true size.
Yes i know. But what is the syntax for the background-size in css2 then? Or was there none? and is the only option to just have to make it smaller in a photoeditor program(like photoshop)? About the other thing about the pictures now dont appear at all i guess got to with the webhost i am using then btw......:/ Thank you.

no resize in css2, so you will have adjust the size of the image to the required size to fit frame, as you said the image works locally, and until you properly upload it, and can view it, we can't really do much more.
Ok, Just one more question for now. About it as you say not wrokign wqith CMYK images: has it always been like this - that CMYK images not show but only RGB? Or is it some recent update somewere?

CMYK is used for printing, ink cartridges come in these colours cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black) which means it deals with fours colours, and not three RGB red, green, blue. Your images shows in windows7 IE9, in IE7/8 compatible modes, but not Windows XP IE8 WITH IE7 compatible mode . I remember someone used gif images using CMYK and had the same problem.

CMYK is used for printing, ink cartridges come in these colours cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black) which means it deals with fours colours, and not three RGB red, green, blue. Your images shows in windows7 IE9, in IE7/8 compatible modes, but not Windows XP IE8 WITH IE7 compatible mode . I remember someone used gif images using CMYK and had the same problem.
I know what CMYK is used for. But what do you mean "images shown in IE7/8 compatible modes"? I could not see as you know it at all here on IE8. But is there a way to change it in some compatible mode if i understood correct?(and i am using WIndows 7). ..and to conclude for the rest of my question: It have never worked(properly, without that compatible mode(?)) to use CMYK on html sites?

If you use IE9 on windows7, press f12 the development tool appears, and you will see IE9 browser mode, with a drop down to select IE7 or IE8 modes, now the image in these other version modes worked, as ingolme said, which is why i used windows7 xp mode to bring up the IE8 version with IE7 compatibility mode, which did show the problem of not showing image as you said, where as i then uploaded the image to see what image formatting it used.

If you use IE9 on windows7, press f12 the development tool appears, and you will see IE9 browser mode, with a drop down to select IE7 or IE8 modes, now the image in these other version modes worked, as ingolme said, which is why i used windows7 xp mode to bring up the IE8 version with IE7 compatibility mode, which did show the problem of not showing image as you said, where as i then uploaded the image to see what image formatting it used.
Ok i saw it now. Do you know what the difference in IE9 is between "Browser" and "Document" mode though? I dont quite get it now. The thing is a got another DAMN problem now. Luckily i managed to keep this new first background pic in RGB. I have two, and the other one got corrputed or desotryed! So now the 2 background(among others) pic is destroyed. I think it happened while using FileZilla to uplaod my pictures. So by this i also suspect the html files may be "corrupted" as teh images in one way. When i mean corrupted i mean that it looks like this for example. On one picture half of the pic became GRAY! like someone painted gray on it! I mean wtf is this?! Imagen the background picture (if you catched it and saw it) but wit ha grey stain over it now, some kind of defunction obviously! i dont know if the grey color is related with the background color i have on the site, cause it has the same grey color......:S Here are one link to understand the problem i talk about: http://answers.micro...03-18e24a950244 It certanly is weird, and im getting so frustrated by all these weird problems now! I am certanly lucky i had the image saved as a Photoshop file to be able to extract fro mthere again, otherwise it would lost and i would have to to make the graphics all over again! :/

I don't use IE development as its cack, when i do i just use browser mode, don't know why they provide with document mode? OH, yes i do cuz its cack. I use firebug, web development add ons in firefox, and all cache is cleared when i close browser. so i have no cached image from you site. html is basically a text file, less likely to be corrupted.

I don't use IE development as its cack, when i do i just use browser mode, don't know why they provide with document mode? OH, yes i do cuz its cack. I use firebug, web development add ons in firefox, and all cache is cleared when i close browser. so i have no cached image from you site. html is basically a text file, less likely to be corrupted.
What is 'cack', and what do you mean cached image from you(r?) site. My site? What is cache and what has it got to do with the images??? Apperantly i am not up to speed, this must be some new updates. The new browser and CSS3 would be the least, anything more i forgotten.....?

Same as poop, dog poop, horse poop bull poop like IE, meant 'your site', cache store images, and other files from websites you have visited, which means large image file will show up instantly as it is stored in cache and does not need to reload the image, used when internet was really slow but really not a major problem now days, so i empty my cache when i close the browser automatically, so i get a fresh look at websites i am working on, as sometimes if you make adjustments to your site, and don't clear the cache it will still have the old files stored, and still use that unless you clear cache OR browser history.

Archived