No more frames...

Vault13Guy

Hello everyone, I know that in HTML5 frames are no more, but what is to be used with the same function? I am building a website and I would like to have the banner, navigation bar and side bar on every page on this site someone looks at. I was thinking about frames which would have solved this problem but as they are being faded out I cannot think of what to use instead. So the other option I can think of is to rewrite the code for each page which really is not an option. :sorry: Please help! :good:

I don't like to visit webpages with frames and have not worked with them, but to me the iframe looks like it would easily substitute. It is almost the same thing.

i defiantly need frames for affiliate sites.frames are not good for pages that needs to be indexed by google.there is a site that talks about the disadvantages to backlinks and one of them is frames.i hope that i can make a good frame substitute like the mod had mentioned.

Thank you on you ideas and thoughts.

Instead of frames, people use server-side languages to load content from other documents. PHP, is most popular.
I'm putting this website on Virgin Media's web hosting space. Would I still be able to use server-side languages like PHP?
I don't like to visit webpages with frames and have not worked with them, but to me the iframe looks like it would easily substitute. It is almost the same thing.
Thank you I will look into using iframes.
i defiantly need frames for affiliate sites.frames are not good for pages that needs to be indexed by google.there is a site that talks about the disadvantages to backlinks and one of them is frames.i hope that i can make a good frame substitute like the mod had mentioned.
Would iframes have the same problem?

Archived