XML problem

jo_rocks

Hi all, I have the following problem, this is the tester.xml<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?> <!DOCTYPE document SYSTEM "vali.dtd" [<!ENTITY resource SYSTEM "test.xml" notation><!ELEMENT document (content)><!ELEMENT content ANY> ]> <document> <content> &resource; </content></document> This is the test.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <hello> <bye> I have a car! </bye></hello> This is the vali.dtd <!ELEMENT hello (bye)><!ELEMENT bye (#PCDATA)> The problem is that the tester.xml when I drag to firefox to test he doesn't show the content on &resource; and I don't know what to do, I already searched but every website that I find it's explaining the same structure that I made.This is the result of the firefox: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE document SYSTEM "vali.dtd">- <document> <content></content> </document> Thanks

I don't think firefox supports custom entities. I seem to remember trying once and looking it up. I can't remember about other browsers but they might not support it either.

Hi all, Thanks FoxyMod for your help, you are absolutely right, it's because the parser of firefox and IE are non-validating parsers so they don't validate external DTD's. I found a solution, and that solution is to install Opera browser then go to opera:config and search for xml external entities and turn on or 1, and voilá! It works! Thanks

Archived