Pictures for Links- Pressed and Non-Presssed?

Terrorer

Me, again. This time, I just can't seem to get my head around it. I came up with this idea when I was looking at the link tutorial. So my links on my website are little button pictures right? And I want them to change to a pressed button when they are active. How would I do that? This is probably a stupid, but I just can't get whatever I am not getting right now. And yes I have read the tutorial and searched the reference, I even went to other web pages and inspected their elements.

You used to be able to use :visited, but because of security issues where someone could identify where you have been by the menu images stored in you cache, relating to what pages you visited! some browsers disable to use of images and limit to background-color: font, and border changes for visited links. So you have two options php or javascript, you use both to determine what page you are on, and then apply a classname to the menu link to show this link as the active link to the current page with required styling applied to this specific menu.

The CSS tutorial on W3Schools explains CSS sprites. Just make a sprite that changes when the button is in an :active state.
Ohh haha thanks. And yes, I have already made the sprites I guess. :D But this will be tomorrow project..I am going to start using div.

Archived