HTML or CSS problems

divinedesigns1

Ok i have a template, which have a set height in the wrapper, and in the content, but it only shows on big screen monitors and not laptops with a screen size of 17inches nor on a monitor of the same heigh or a little bigger. i would like to make the page so that theres no scrolling, i figure out the height is 611 "according to the raw html and css and my screen" and it worked fine but when i placed it into the open source CMS it wouldnt display that height on my laptop screen but it would display it on my work mate desktop,any suggest on what to do to fix this problem? i was thinking of placing a margin-bottom:auto; but im not 100% sure on this

Hey there. I would definitely try 'auto' for some of your margins and such (especially height and width). Sometimes it just takes some trial-and-error, though I would seriously recommend that you save a backup of your original code, just in case something goes wrong. Also, you might want to consider trying your margins out in percentages. It might just take a little bit of fine-tuning to get the look you want.

Remember, unless you use exactly the same browser, exact number of top toolbars, status bars etc, same toolbar text image sizes, the real actual viewable screen size in one is not necessary going to show same in another.
yea i know that part, but i found a way to solve that problem but it isnt working out so well so at the moment im messing around with it, until i learn how it actually works, what need to be done is that the footer be sticked to the bottom of any screen with the help of a sticky footer "not working too well" then i need the content part to be right at the top of the footer "still not working soo well" but for now im using a height of 611px until i figure out how this actually work
Hey there. I would definitely try 'auto' for some of your margins and such (especially height and width). Sometimes it just takes some trial-and-error, though I would seriously recommend that you save a backup of your original code, just in case something goes wrong. Also, you might want to consider trying your margins out in percentages. It might just take a little bit of fine-tuning to get the look you want.
yea i tried auto, it worked but there is still a scroll which the person doesnt want, and yea i learned the hard way of not having a back up of the templates or psd file lol talk about headache had to recreate everything that day, so now i save a backup on my external just incase. and yea ill definitely try the height and width using percentage or auto, but wait wouldnt the container/wrapper have to have a certain width?

You can try 100% width and height.. For the body, use CSS scroll=no-scroll;Or try read this http://www.webmaster...orum83/7279.htm
Thank you but i got it fixed a few days ago